Abuja Massacre: Shii’tes Ask God To Avenge Alleged Killing Of Fellow Sect Members By Buhari Government


Members of Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN), otherwise known as ‘Shi’ites’ have faulted the silence of President Muhammadu Buhari three years after the killing of fellow Shi’ites in the nation’s capital, Abuja during Arbaeen religious symbolic three years ago. 

The procession was held between October 27 and 30, 2018. 



The IMN described the attack on its members as worrisome and unacceptable.

The sect also asked God to hasten the end of oppression in Nigeria following the alleged atrocities committed by the regime.

IMN lamented that the regime had killed and inflicted pains, sorrow and agony on innocent Nigerians and members of the movement while they were carrying out their religious obligations.

A statement signed by the Secretary of Academic Forum of the Movement, Abdullahi Musa on Wednesday in Abuja in remembrance of the victims of the attack, called for God’s intervention. 

The group asked God to avenge the lives of those killed between 27th and 30th October 2018 in Abuja.

Musa noted that the movement has so far compiled the details of the victims of the Abuja Massacre and petitioned human rights organisations and the international community regarding the said atrocities. 

It also said it was moving to file a case at the International Criminal Court (ICC) for proper investigation and prosecution.

The group lamented video footage published by the New York Times showing “soldiers shooting into the middle of sect members, beating unarmed men and women, and dragging them while performing their religious activities”.

The statement read, “We would like to remind the public that three (3) years after the killing of 50 followers of Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky (H) within three (3) days while on Arbaeen religious procession (symbolic trekking) in October 2018 in Abuja, the Buhari regime remained silence. The public will recall that between 27th and 30th October, 2018, the Presidential Guard Brigade and police killed 50 unarmed citizens in Abuja in what we termed as #Abujamassacre.

“The incident started on 27 October, 2018 at Zuba, continued on 29th at Karu Bridge (Kubau Checkpoint) and ended 30th at Ahmadu Bello Way, Central Area, Abuja.

“In a video published by the New York Times showing ‘soldiers shooting into dozens of marchers, beating unarmed men and women, and dragging them away, these are not scenes from a war zone, but from religious march and protest in Nigeria’s capital in late October’. The New York Times discovered that the Guard Brigade used battlefield weapons that include 50 calibre heavy machine guns to slaughter unarmed citizens.

“Unanswered question is that why is the Buhari regime using these type of battlefield weapons and mighty forces in killing citizens carrying out their religious activities instead of protecting their lives and properties.

“While condemning Abuja Massacre and the deafening silence of Buhari regime on the case; we are praying to Allah to hasten the end of oppression in Nigeria and seek His intervention in taking revenge by Himself on the lives of his creatures killed in October 2018 in Abuja.

“We have so far compiled details of the Abuja Massacre and petitioned human rights organisations and the international community, and also on the move to file a case at the International Criminal Court (ICC) for their investigation and prosecution of all the perpetrators of this crime against humanity.”



Source link